A definitive study by B2B Magazine concluded that more than half of b2b marketers will increase international marketing budgets in 2009, although the shift to globalise their marketing strategy is a rough road.
Of those planning to increase their non-U.S. marketing budgets:
- 60.0% plan increases between 1% and 10% this year over last;
- 24.8% plan increases between 11% and 20%;
- 8.8% plan increases between 21% and 30%; and
- 6.4% plan increases of more than 30%.
For companies decreasing their non-U.S. marketing budgets, the largest group (87.8%) said they are decreasing them just slightly, by 1% to 10%. Only 12.2% said they are decreasing non-U.S. budgets by more than 10%.
LOST IN TRANSLATION
- 69.7% of marketers surveyed said they do not currently have a multilingual Web site;
- 58.4% do not have multilingual marketing materials.
BtoB conducted the online survey of 274 marketers during the last week of July and the first week of August.