Copyrights And Other Intellectual Property, Limited Use
COPYRIGHTS AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All materials on this site, including, but not limited to images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, code, scripts, services, technology, features and ideas, are protected by intellectual property laws and are owned and controlled by Criterion Global or by other parties that have licensed their material to Criterion Global. All rights not expressly granted are reserved. Copyright in the compilation of all content on this site is owned by Criterion Global. Content may also be protected by other intellectual property laws, whether explicitly marked or not. All trademarks used or referred to in this site are the property of their respective owners; any usage thereof or reference hereto is expressly “incidental advertising use” which may be necessary to perform Criterion Globals own contractual obligations, in no case is third-party endorsement implied. Criterion Global, Inc., the “CG” logo and all other trademarks, trade names, brand names and service marks of Criterion Global, whether registered or unregistered, are the property of Criterion Global. The use, reproduction, copying, or redistribution of any service/trademarks of Criterion Global or its clients is strictly prohibited without written permission. Nothing on this site shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to any copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary interest of Criterion Global or any third party.
Limited Use of Content
Past performance, as cited in case studies or other references to Criterion Global work, does not guarantee future results, and statements regarding the efficacy of work described are literal claims validated only in the specific context of third-party measured results and/or cited evaluations. Criterion Global makes no claims to the direct efficacy of any specific media or third-party solutions used by Criterion Global or its Clients beyond the provided context.
The materials in Criterion Global Sites are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Criterion Global disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Criterion Global does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or free of errors, that defects will be corrected, or that Criterion Global Sites or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Criterion Global does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use, or the results of the use, of the materials in Criterion Global Sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability or otherwise. You (and not Criterion Global) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties so the above exclusion may not apply to you. The material that you read in Criterion Global Sites is provided solely for informational purposes only and is subject to change or withdrawal by Criterion Global at any time without notice. Criterion Global assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the materials. While every effort is made to ensure that all information provided at the site does not contain computer viruses, you should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses. Furthermore, neither Criterion Global nor its affiliated or related entities are responsible or liable to any person or entity whatsoever (including, without limitation, persons who may use or rely on such data/materials or to whom such data/materials may be furnished) for any loss, damage (whether actual, consequential, punitive or otherwise), injury, claim, liability or other cause of any kind or character whatsoever based on or resulting from any information or opinions provided in Criterion Global Sites. All content is for informational and/or entertainment purposes only; it should not be considered Financial or Legal Advice.
IN NO EVENT WILL CRITERION GLOBAL BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THE CRITERION GLOBAL SITES, THE MATERIALS OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA, EVEN IF CRITERION GLOBAL IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Criterion Global, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, clients, and affiliates harmless from and against any claims, actions, or demands, liabilities, and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, or directly relate to your wrongful or unlawful use of this site or your violation of these terms.
These terms may change from time to time without notice. Such changes will be effective when posted on this site. By using this site after any change to these terms, you agree to be bound by all of the changes as well. We have no obligation to update any information or content on this site, and such information or content may be out of date at any given time. We may also cease publishing any information or content and/or make improvements and changes in the information or content contained in this site at any time without prior notice.
Submissions And Unsolicited Communications
Any notes, message/billboard postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted through email or through any website page or feature will be received by Criterion Global on a nonconfidential basis and become the irrevocable, nonexclusive property of Criterion Global throughout the universe, and Criterion Global shall be entitled to use the material royalty-free for any type of use forever, including in any media whether now known or hereafter devised. You also agree that you are waiving any claim of any nature against Criterion Global in connection with such materials and ideas, including without limit for any alleged or actual infringement of any proprietary, privacy, publicity, attribution and other moral rights in connection with such unsolicited communication.
Jurisdiction and Use of Site
This site is controlled and operated by Criterion Global from its offices in Miami, Florida, United States of America. Criterion Global makes no representation that materials on Criterion Global Sites are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. This agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, United States of America. Any action you, any third party or Criterion Global bring to enforce this agreement or, in connection with, any matters related to the Criterion Global Sites shall be brought only in the courts of the State of Illinois, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between the parties relating to the matters contained herein and shall not be modified except by Criterion Global. If you believe that your intellectual property right or other proprietary right is infringed by any content contained on Criterion Global.com or if you have any questions concerning legal or other matters described above, contact the Criterion Global Legal Department at the address set forth below or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Criterion Global, Inc. Attn.: General Counsel, P.O. Box 56-5777, Miami, FL 33157-5777.
Hyperlinks Are Not Endorsements
Any links we provide to other websites are provided as Internet navigation tools only. These other web sites contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by persons or entities independent of Criterion Global. Criterion Global does not control these websites and does not guarantee the accuracy, content, completeness or timeliness of their information. The owners/operators of these websites do not necessarily endorse Criterion Global products or services, nor are they responsible for the content of this site. Links to other websites, or references to products, services or publications other than those of Criterion Global on this site, do not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring of such websites, products, services or publications by Criterion Global. Criterion Global accepts no responsibility for the content, products and/or services provided at any other websites.
Unlawful and Prohibited Use
You agree that you will not use this site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms. You may not use this site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Criterion Global server, or the network(s) connected to any Criterion Global server, or interfere with any other party’s use of this website. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available by Criterion Global. You warrant to Criterion Global that you will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any services offered by Criterion Global or computer systems or networks connected to any Criterion Global server through hacking, password mining or any other means. When using the website and accessing the services available on the website (referred to as “the Services”) you agree not to:
- Use any Criterion Global domain name as a pseudonymous return email address for any communications that you transmit from another location or through another service.
- Pretend to be someone else or spoof their identity when using the Services.
- Use the Services in any way for spamming or to transmit chain letters, junk email or bulk communications.
- Transmit unsolicited or bulk communications to any Criterion Global account holder or to any Criterion Global website or affiliated email address (regardless of whether you use the Services to transmit any such communication).
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, hateful, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property.
You agree that Criterion Global would be irreparably harmed by the use, by you or others, of Criterion Global’s Services or facilities in connection with the transmission of spam newsgroup postings or unsolicited email in violation of these terms and that Criterion Global is entitled to obtain injunctive relief against any such transmission (in addition to all other remedies available at law or in equity).
Criterion Global reserves the right to block, filter or delete unsolicited email.
Criterion Global in its sole discretion may terminate your right to use this site with or without cause at any time and without notice. In the event of any such termination, the restrictions on your use of content on this site shall survive such termination, and you agree to be bound by those terms.
This website provides information about our activities and services. This Privacy Notice sets out how we use and protect any information we collect through this website.
This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) and this Cookie Notice (the “Cookie Notice”) are intended to provide you with information about how Criterion Global, uses and protects your Personal Data collected through the Website https://criterionglobal.com (the “Website”).
If you have any questions about the collection of your data please contact the Criterion Global Data Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Any Personal Data collected through the Website will only be used to answer to your queries, manage your job applications, update our files and analyze the traffic on the Website. Once collected, Personal Data will not be used for a different incompatible purpose without your consent.
Criterion Global is considered as the Controller of this Website.
We take the protection of data privacy very seriously. All Personal Data collected through the Website will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be used as set out in this Privacy Notice. The applicable data protection laws shall be respected in full.
Therefore, please read this Privacy Notice thoroughly. If you disagree with the way Personal Data will be used, please do not use this Website or provide your Personal Data through the Website.
We may include links on the Website to other websites including social media platforms. This Privacy Notice only covers how we use Personal Data and does not cover these other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy notices available on other websites you visit.
I. Purpose(s) of Data Collection
The purposes of collecting Personal Data through the Website are to:
- Answer to your queries promptly and efficiently via the contact email address provided on our Website;
- Establish statistics on the Website’s frequentation in order to improve its functioning and its services;
- Carry out the Website’s maintenance and preserve the Website’s security. However, please note that we use Statistical Data as far as possible;
- Answer your requests submitted via social media, and know you better ;
- Enable you to access the site and its functionalities, and/or provide services you requested through cookies and other trackers;
- Process and respond to your requests to exercise your rights under Section V of this Notice.
II. What Personal Data do we collect and process?
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (i.e. living individual).
We collect the following Personal Data through the Website:
- Your Personal Information
We collect certain personal details such as your first name, name and email address.
We can also collect your job position, your company address and your phone number if you provide us with this data in the body of your message and/or request.
- The content of the messages and/or queries you send us including, where applicable, information regarding your professional career and education if you apply for an open job position.
- Information on browsing
We additionally collect, through cookies and other trackers, limited Personal Data connected with your use of the Website i.e. IP address, browser type, OS, websites you visit before and after our Website. For more information in this respect, please refer to the Notice on Cookies, Social Media and other Tracking Technologies below.
- When you navigate on our Website we may collect information related to your navigation, the frequentation of the Website’s pages, as described in the Cookie Notice below. For further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
III. What legal ground(s) do we rely on?
The processing of Personal Data collected on the Website is based on:
- the performance of pre-contractual measures, when we process your private messages sent by email when this request is of a business nature (request relating to our services or offers);
- our legitimate interest, when we process your job applications, and store your CV and motivation letter in our CV database, in order to identify in the future a matching open job position;
- our legitimate interest, when we process your data in the context of maintenance and the implementation of measures to protect the security of the Website;
- our legitimate interest, when we (i) process your data collected via social media in order to better know our subscribers and understand the general public’s reaction regarding our products and services;
- your consent, when we draw up statistics on the frequentation of our Website by collecting data through cookies;
- the performance of pre-contractual measures, when we place functional cookies and/or technical cookies;
- our legal obligation, when processing your requests to exercise your rights listed under Section V of this Notice.
You can send us a request in order to obtain additional information on the balancing tests we have performed to ensure we were able to process your personal data basing ourselves on the legitimate interest.
IV. Personal Data and Your Rights
This web site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from or about any person under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old and wish to ask a question or use this site in any way which requires you to submit your personal information, please have your parent or guardian review all applicable terms outlined here prior to doing so on your behalf.
Where appropriate and justified, your Personal Data may be shared with entities of the Criterion Global and its affiliates in the EU/globally.
Should you wish to exercise your rights listed under Section V of this Notice, the collection of your request will be performed via the form provided by our partner TrustArc, acting on our instructions and behalf as a data processor under EU regulation 2016/679 on the processing of personal data (“GDPR”). Once your request is sent to the Criterion Global, TrustArc shall immediately delete it from its servers and other IT tools.
We will not share your Personal Data with any third party, except as otherwise stated in this Privacy Notice.
Your Personal Data can be shared:
- In the context of a merge, acquisition or sale of all or part of the agency’s assets, to successors in title to our business,
- to establish, exercise or defend our rights,
- or where required by law, to respond to requests from legal or administrative organizations, government organizations or a judge.
If the services of third parties for technical maintenance, administration or processing of the Personal Data are necessary, these third parties will only have access to the Personal Data insofar it is necessary to ensure a smooth and secure technical processing of our Website. In every case, such access to your Personal Data will only be made in accordance with the applicable law, including Data confidentiality, privacy and security obligations.
Your rights on your Personal Data
In accordance with applicable privacy law, you may exercise the following rights with respect to the Personal Data we hold about you:
- Right to information:
You have the right to obtain clear, transparent, understandable and easily accessible information regarding how we use your Personal Data and regarding your rights. This is why we provide you such information in this privacy notice;
- Right of access to your Personal Data
You can access all Personal Data we hold about you, know the origin of this Personal Data and obtain a copy in an understandable format.
You may also use your right to access your Personal Data to control the exactness of the data and have them rectified or deleted. You have no justification to provide to exercise your right to access;
- Right to rectify your Personal Data
In order to avoid that inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data relating to you is process or shared, you can ask us to rectify them;
- Right to the deletion of your Personal Data:
You may request the erasure or deletion of the Personal Data we hold on you. This is not an absolute right since we may have to keep your Personal Data for legal or legitimate reasons. You may, for example, exercise your right to deletion in the following cases:
- if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing (see below);
- if you legitimately objected to the processing of your data (see below);
- when data is not or is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was initially collected or processed;
- the data is processed unlawfully (e.g., publishing hacked data);
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Data
When we process your Personal Data based on our legitimate interest (to determine to which processing this applies, please refer to Section III of this Notice), you may at any time object to the processing of your Personal Data for reasons relating to your personal situation. We may nevertheless, on a case-by-case basis, reject such a request by pointing out the legitimate and imperious reasons justifying the processing of this data which prevail on your interests, rights and freedoms, or when this data is necessary to establish, exercise or defend a right before a Court.
- Right to limit the processing of your Personal Data
The right to limit the processing completes your other rights. This right means that the data processing relating to you and that we are performing is limited, so that we may keep this data, but we cannot use it or process it in any other manner.
This right applies in specific circumstances, i.e.:
- if you challenge the exactness of your Personal Data. The processing is then limited for a period of time so that the agency may verify the exactness of the Personal Data;
- if the processing is unlawful and you object to the erasure of your Personal Data and request instead that its use be limited;
- if we do not need the Personal Data for the purposes mentioned above in Section I anymore, but you still need it to establish, exercise or defend rights before a Court; and
- in the cases where you objected to the processing which is based on the legitimate interests of the agency, you may ask to limit the processing for the time necessary for us to verify if we can accept your objection request (i.e., the time necessary to verify whether the legitimate reasons of the agency prevail over yours).
- Right to portability of your Personal Data
You may request to retrieve the Personal Data you provided us with, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, for personal use or to share them with a third party of your choice.
This right only applies to Personal Data you provided us with, directly or indirectly, and which was processed through automated means, if this processing is based on your consent or the performance of a contract. Please check the list of our Personal Data processing activities’ legal grounds (in Section III of this Notice) to know whether our processing is based on the performance of a contract or on consent.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time to the processing of Data carried out on the basis of such consent
You may read Section III of this Notice in order to identify the purposes for which the processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent;
- Right to give instructions on the fate of your Data after your death.
You may define directives on the storing, erasure and sharing of your Personal Data after your death. These directive may be general, i.e. cover all your Personal Data, or specific, i.e. only cover certain data processing activities.
If we have reasonable doubts as to your identity, we may ask you to attach any document enabling proof of your identity, in order to avoid any risk of impersonation.
If we receive your request by electronic means, we will respond electronically unless you specify, in the comments field of the data subject rights form, that you wish to obtain a response via other means, such as by mail.
We will respond without undue delay and in any event within one month from the data we receive your request. This timeframe can be extended by two months to take the complexity of the request or the number of requests received into account. In this case, we will inform you within one month from receiving your request, specifying the reasons for extending the response timeframe.
If you feel that we are not complying with this Notice, if you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your request or if your request has been refused, you may also file a formal complaint with your competent authority in your jurisdiction. However, we invite you to contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org before filing a complaint with any Data Protection Authority.
Data retention periods
We store your Personal Data in accordance with the applicable legal requirements for data retention and our internal policies. The data retention will vary depending on the type of data and the purposes of processing. Your data will generally be retained for the duration of our contractual and/or pre-contractual relationship, after which time your data will be archived.
Personal Data collected in the context of your job application to an open position are kept:
- For no longer than two (2) years from the last contact if your application was rejected, except if you specify that you do not wish us to keep your application after the end of the recruitment process; in which case your Personal Data will immediately be deleted;
- For the duration of your stay with Criterion Global if your job application is accepted.
We use a variety of methods, such as firewalls, intrusion detection software and manual security procedures, to secure your data against loss or damage and to help protect the accuracy and security of Personal Data and to prevent unauthorized access or improper use. If you think that the Website or any Personal Data is not secure or that there has been unauthorized access to the Website or your Personal Data, please contact email@example.com immediately.
Given the international nature of our activities, your Personal Data are transferred outside the European Union, for instance, your personal data is accessed in the USA for the purposes of back up of emails. In this case, your data is stored in a secure manner on servers of the Criterion Global. This country is not considered by the EU Commission as providing an adequate level of protection. We ensure all data transfers comply with applicable legal requirements by executing contractual agreements with appropriate contractual protections in compliance with article 46 of the GDPR.
Should you wish to know more about how data is protected or wish to request a copy of the contractual protections please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
V. Notification of changes
Criterion Global may amend this Notice, to take into account evolutions of the Website’s functionalities, the services offered as well as laws applicable to Criterion Global ’s activities. These changes and updates apply to users, who must therefore regularly check this section and check the applicable Privacy Notice.
If you wish to save this text, please mark the entire statement (e.g. with your mouse) and copy-paste by pushing ctrl-c.
For further information on Criterion Global please visit our website https://criterionglobal.com.
If you consider that we are not complying with this Privacy Notice or if you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Notice, please contact email@example.com.
VI. Notice for cookies, social media, other trackers and social media plugins
We will ensure the accuracy of this Cookie Notice by keeping it up-to-date. Any changes to this Cookie Notice will be promptly communicated on this page and you should check back to see whether any adjustments have been made.
If you follow us on social media (via our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts), we also collect personal data relating to you in order to better know our subscribers and understand the reaction of the general public regarding our products and services. We can use this information to perform social media listening in order to identify and assess what is publicly said about us in order to understand the trends of sector and mood of the market. The Personal Data referred to above is only used in compliance with applicable laws (for example, if you ask us to contact you or if your prior express consent is necessary).
You will find on our Website social media plugins (“social media buttons”) enabling you to easily share content of the Website. When you click on these buttons, your Personal Data can be disclosed to these platforms. When you click on these buttons, a new page will appear on the relevant social media’s platform. If you are already logged into your account on this platform, you will probably be automatically logged into your account via this pop-up page, and will therefore not have to login once again. If, however, you are not logged in (or if you have not subscribed to the social media platform), the page will ask for your information.
We have no control over how these social media platforms use your Personal Data. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of the different social media platforms that you use.
To know more about how these social media platforms use your Personal Data:
If you have any questions about the collection of your Personal Data, please contact Criterion Global’s Chief Data Privacy Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are cookies?
A “Cookie” is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive when browsing on a webpage, reading an e-mail, installing or using a software or a mobile app. If you choose to accept Cookies, the file is added and the Cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular website.
This data does not usually identify you directly, but the web application can provide you with a personalized web experience.
They are usually used for the well-functioning of the Website and traffic analysis. In general, Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
Who places cookies?
Certain cookies of our Website may be placed by partners listed below:
- Google LLC (https://policies.google.com/privacy)
Which cookies are used?
- Cookies strictly necessary for the functioning of the website: These Cookies are essential to your browsing of the Website and its proper functioning. They allow you to use the features of the Website and the services you have requested. For example, these Cookies help us remember the resolution of your screen and your preferred language. Cookies used :
- Audience measurement cookies: These traffic log Cookies are used to identify the pages you visited and to measure and track the performance of our Website. These Cookies help us to analyze web page traffic data and improve our Website to fit your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Cookies used :
Different retention periods apply for the different types of cookies placed depending on whether they are session cookies (i.e. a cookie that is temporarily set on your Device which appears when you access the website and disappears when you close your web browser window) or persistent cookies (i.e. a cookie that will remain on your device for a certain period of time to allow us to remember your preferences for your next visits).
How you can manage cookies?
You can choose to accept or decline any and all cookies.
When browsing the Website for the first time, you may click on “decline cookies” option displayed in the cookie banner in order to manage your Cookie preferences depending on the type of Cookies. You can change your Cookie preferences at any time.
We may occasionally change this Cookie Notice. Where necessary or required, we will inform you and/or request your consent. Please check it at each visit in order to read its latest version.
Hey Californians ☀️
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: Criterion Global, Inc., 2937 SW 27th Ave, Miami, FL 33133.